Welcome to Part 2 of my interview with a Forex broker where he answers YOUR questions that you submitted through a poll I invited you to participate in last month.
In this part of the interview we get to the really TOUGH and CONTROVERSIAL STUFF!
The interview was recorded on video so the broker could provide slides for you as well.
There were some problems with the video, so you won’t see any fancy editing, but the content remains and I was able to get most of the video and audio quality back.
Because the interview was so long, I posted 4 of the videos in Part 1 and the last 3 videos are being posted in this Part 2.
Here are some of the questions in the interview:
- Do the insiders manipulate the market?
- What is the difference between equity, margin and free margin?
- Why do currency prices differ between brokers?
- Why do I frequently find a difference between the prices quoted and the price I get filled?
- Discuss the proposed legislation to reduce Forex margin to 10:1. Will this apply to overseas markets also?
- What’s a segregated account and is it important to have one?
- What time of day is considered the open and close for the Forex market?
- Does a Forex currency broker ever “stop hunt” my positions?
- How can I look at a Forex brokers list and tell a good currency broker from a bad one?
- Explain “First In, First Out” and how that impacts me.
- Are all trades put through the interbank market?
- Why trade spot Forex currencies rather than Futures or ETF currencies?
- Should one use an ECN broker or a broker that is a dealing desk?
Click on each of the links below to view the videos of the interview.
Josh Lampel is a Series 3 and 34 futures and Forex broker with Global Futures. Whether or not you’re a client of Global Futures, he welcomes you to follow up on this interview and contact him with any other questions you may have.
You may contact him at:
(877) 367-3177, ext. 126 (Toll-free US/Canada)
(818) 728-0415, ext 156 (International)
For full disclosure: Josh’s firm, Global Futures, and I partner on some educational and marketing endeavors. However I told him that if he was going to do this he had to take the hard questions too, not just the easy ones. Josh agreed without hesitation and did a great job.
Josh answered the questions very openly and gives you excellent educational material in a clear and honest manner.
VIEW THE INTERVIEW VIDEOS HERE:
- Forex Broker Interview, Part 5
- Forex Broker Interview, Part 6
- Forex Broker Interview, Part 7
- Click here if you missed Part 1-4.
These videos are in Windows Media Format and should be viewable with Windows Media Player.
If you don’t have it, you can download it by clicking here.
If you have trouble viewing the videos, I recommend using GOM Player as most everyone has been able to view our videos with it … and it’s free. You can download GOM Player by clicking here.
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS INTERVIEW? PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND RESPONSES BELOW.