We can hear the familiar sound of the Salvation Army bell ringer as we enter department stores and shopping malls. Offices, local businesses and radio stations hold coat and warm clothing drives. Selecting a cause, deciding how much to donate, and figuring out how to make the donation can be overwhelming. With only so many dollars to go around, we have to ensure that we’re giving only what we can truly afford during a time of year when there are many pressures on paychecks.
Everyone would like to retire comfortably, but the grim reality is that many people simply won’t have enough retirement income to do so because of their poor money management habits. According to a study conducted by the Federal Reserve and released in August, 19% of all Americans near retirement age (age 55-64) have absolutely no money saved for retirement. Expand this age range to all adults, and the reality of Americans’ poor savings rate is even clearer: 31% of adults in this country have no savings whatsoever.
- Continuing to work is a necessity for some, who need the income or health benefits.
- Forthcoming analysis from the center found that a career shift in your 50s could help you stay in the workforce longer, ultimately improving your prospects for a financially secure retirement.
- The older you are, the tougher it can be to recover financially from a new career that doesn’t pan out.
“Forthcoming analysis from the center found that a career shift in your 50s could help you stay in the workforce longer, ultimately improving your prospects for a financially secure retirement.”
Having a morning routine is essential to start the day off well. If your mornings are usually rushed or chaotic, establishing a routine can help calm the waters and help you feel more in control of the day. Even for people who struggle to have a routine or dislike them, it’s possible to learn how to create one and make it a habit.
Based on the reading of the Jd K RS-Ratio it is still the third strongest sector in the S&P 500, so we should monitor its rotation and potentially look for a rotation back-up while inside the weakening quadrant and get on the board again. A few weeks ago it looked as if Visa was on its way to start another up-leg in relative strength when the RS-Line attempted to break above the resistance of its trading range while both RRG-Lines had already crossed above 100 and price rallied to a new high.
- The above Relative Rotation Graph holds the 30 Dow Jones Industrial components
- In this post, I want to dissect some of the individual financial components inside the Dow Jones Industrial index.
- Financials are followed by Industrial and Energy and to a lesser extend Consumer Discretionary. The relative strength of the Technology is rotating lower at the moment, into the weakening quadrant.
“The recent rally in price is stalling near the old support line which will now act as resistance as well as the newly emerging falling resistance line which connects the recent highs.”