The sale of the Chicago Stock Exchange to a Chinese investment group has been approved, according to U.S. Treasury documents. The sale was approved by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) to a Chinese group led by Chongqing Casin Enterprise Group despite the objections of several U.S. lawmakers who cited concerns about the level of influence the Chinese state might gain over the Chicago exchange, Reuters reported.
A will is a gift you leave your family or loved ones. It is a gift because it makes the management of your estate very clear and light-years easier. If you don’t have a will, the state (not known for its financial prowess) will decide what happens to your stuff, your kids, and your financial legacy. You don’t want this to happen. Even if you’re single, get a will right now!
- Dying without a will or more extensive plan only brings further grief to your family.
- It’s impossible to have a detailed conversation about bequeathing assets before you’ve itemized all the property you possess as a couple.
- Use a friend’s or even a celebrity’s passing without a will to ease into the conversation while providing some emotional distance.
“People make a lot of excuses to put off planning for the inevitable. You may be fearful about your own mortality, or think you don’t have enough assets to need an estate plan or perhaps you just think that things will change so much before your death that you and your spouse can delay making a plan.”
A secure, comfortable retirement is every worker’s dream. And now because we’re living longer, healthier lives, we can expect to spend more time in retirement than our parents and grandparents did. Close to age 65, you can find out how to apply for just Medicare. You may need to sign up for Medicare close to your 65th birthday, even if you are still working.
- In early retirement, people are often content to either stay in their homes or downsize within their current communities, where family, friends, and resources are nearby and readily available.
- To create an adaptable plan, look at three distinct phases of retirement. The ages below are just an approximate guide .
- One financial consideration that is important during this phase: If you did not purchase long term care insurance when you were in your 50 s, this may be your last chance to do so.
“As you consider what your retirement will look like, financial considerations are important — but it’s also crucial to think about the issues that go beyond money.”