Severe limits on withdrawals of new 500 and 2,000 rupee notes were causing havoc. They will be allowed a one-time withdrawal of 250,000 rupees – more than ten times the current weekly limit of 24,000. Prime Minister Narendra Modis Nov. 8 announcement that 500 and 1,000 rupee notes would immediately be discontinued a move to combat corruption and tax evasion threatened to put the brakes on much impending marital bliss. The 4,000 rupee daily limit on trading in old notes, was nowhere near enough.
The NASDAQ composite fell a little on a day-to-day basis, as did the Standard and Poor 500. The Dow Jones Industrial average also closed lower on a day-to-day basis. However, all three indexes posted weekly gains, with NASDAQ outperforming. Kestra Private Wealth Services CEO Rob Bartenstein said he found the optimism strange, and it may be ephemeral.
- Signs of short-term exhaustion have arisen in macro-level indices representing stocks, bonds, commodities, and currencies,” said Katie Stockton, chief technical strategist at BTIG, in an email. “This tells us to expect a pause in their steep upmoves/downmoves in the next 1-2 weeks as overbought/oversold conditions are absorbed.”
- I think we’re at a point now where we a transitioning from the reaction to the election to a reaction to the current fundamentals, which is important,” said Art Hogan, chief market strategist at Wunderlich Securities. He pointed to higher Treasury yields, the rise in the U.S. dollar and higher oil prices
- With speculations mounting over Donald Trump cutting taxes and boosting infrastructure spending, the Fed may be forced to repeatedly raise US rates in 2017 in an effort to control inflation,” Lukman Otunuga, research analyst at FXTM, said in a note.
“Entering Friday’s session, the Dow, S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite were all within half a percent of their previous all-time highs.”
The stock market is changing, especially with the political results of 2016 and everything crazy that’s happened in it (Brexit, the political election in the Philippines, the Trump election, and the upcoming Italian election) and that means a lot for people investing in it. Some brands are dying; others are being resurrected; “Nasdaq 100 and Techs Reawakening with Possible Double-Bottom” talks about two possible returns.
Financial plans are written, organized strategies for maintaining financial health and accomplishing financial goals. Developing a personal financial plan will not only allow you to control your financial situation, but can enhance your quality of life by reducing the uncertainty you feel about money-related issues and future needs. While you may opt to employ a professional financial planner, developing your own financial plan is a perfectly feasible practice. Most financial planning experts recommend following a six-part process to develop a robust plan for the future of your finances.
- We all know that we should create a thorough, comprehensive financial plan.
- All financial planning roads lead to cash flow. Only by tracking what is going in and what is going out will you be able to determine how to achieve your financial goals.
- Be sure to list all of the interest rates associated with your obligations and when/if they have maturity dates.
“Be sure to list all of the interest rates associated with your obligations and when/if they have maturity dates.”